Fennel Cafe is a garden-themed cafe at Flower Dome within Gardens By The Bay which offers panoramic views of Marina Bay and Singapore Flyer. It is easily one of the prettiest places to haveafternoon tea in Singapore.
The Afternoon Tea Set is priced at S$45++/pax (deposit is required for reservations).
Here’s what you can expect from Fennel Cafe’s Afternoon Tea Menu.
- Egg salad sandwich with tomato chutney
- Chicken liver parfait cherry
- Salmon rillettes and cucumber sandwich
- Gruyere cheese gougeres
- Buttered leek and cheddar quiche
- Mandarin choux
- Peanut butter and jelly macaron
- Salted caramel and pine nut tart
- Mango cream doughnut
- Whole wheat shortbread with chocolate and marshmallow
- Homemade scones with clotted cream & berry jam
- English Breakfast, Earl Grey, Green Tea, Chamomile, Peppermint, Rooibos Vanilla
- Espresso, Macchiato, Long Black, Cappuccino, Latte, Flat White, Mocha
At S$45++/pax, we were perhaps expecting more from the afternoon tea set, but it wasn’t the most impressive spread. The sandwiches, scones and doughnuts were great, but everything else wasn’t that memorable.
It is also worth mentioning that Fennel Cafe offers free-flow coffee/tea for the Afternoon Tea set (one beverage per person to be served at a time).
Having said that, we would still return to Fennel Cafe for the afternoon tea for the ambience and the complimentary access to the Flower Dome. It’s a lovely place to enjoy a leisure afternoon tea and get away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Do take note of the following if you are planning to go to Fennel Cafe for the afternoon tea.
There is a free buggy service from Gardens by the Bay’s arrival plaza to the Flower Dome and the service runs every five minutes from 11.30 am onwards.
You can also get complimentary access to the Flower Dome without paying the entrance fee which saves you S$12/adult. Make sure to take a stroll in the Flower Dome after having your afternoon tea at Fennel Cafe.
3pm – 5pm (last seating at 4pm)